R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team C 1/8 GT car
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 07:19 PM
Yb2fast
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Thank you and you are very welcome!! post like this make it worth all of the drama i go through at times

I have been doing some testing for REDS over the last month or so and we finally have a solution to keeping the engines in their sweet spot! I received an R5 IGT8F spec engine last week (300.00 with header and pipe). did my bench break in adn final track break in yesterday. Only change i did to it was install the REDS XXS double bend header for what i though was going to tame down the bottom and open up the top...... well to my surprise it transformed the engine into a BEAST! I am now going to campaign that engine in my pro car, it is simply the best bang for the buck engine for the short geared Team C car. I know this is going to sound dumb but it literally pulled the front tires off the ground shifting into second gear multiple times!! Maybe there was a bump on the track at that exact point but either way the engine is insanely fast now! it has a 7mm venturi and i was getting 12min of runtime! AT any rate I was testing a larger head combo for the GT cars. Since we run an enclosed body temps are anywhere from 50-90 hotter with the body on (depending on ambient temps) REDS engines like to be around 220 with an exposed head so with a body on you can see where this is headed! So I machined a head extender which allows for more heat dissipation and raises the head higher to get in the airflow. This extension dropped temps 60+*,so problem solved! The factory is now producing US prototype bigger heads and once I finalize the right one two GT spec engines will be released to the public, one will be ROAR legal with 6mm venturi and the other will be a "pro" model based off of the M7T with a GT head and a few GT tweaks! Its going to be hard to beat this R5 spec engine!

WOW MARCUS...THAT IS GREAT NEWS...I GUESS I WILL WAIT FOR THAT MOTOR TO BE RELEASED...$300 FOR MOTOR AND PIPE JUST CANT BE BEAT PERIOD !!! TAKE NOTICE THAT ROAR IS ABOUT TO RELEASE CHANGES (TWEAKING ) TO THE GT RULES NEXT 10 DAYS AS NOTED ON THEIR SITE !! DON'T KNOW IF THE 6MM WILL BECOME A 7MM VENTURI : ) LETS CROSS OUR FINGERS AND TOES !! LOL...