R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Speed Passion brand new Spec Racing LeMans car - The LM1
Old 11-20-2013, 06:53 AM
ercwhtsd
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Very Nice Build

After finishing the initial build, I was very pleased.

Packaging was very well done, especially with all of the screws of the same size in their own respective bags.

A few things I ran into, but by no means a red flag.

I used a 3x5 FHS for the Football pivot instead of the specified 3x6. There was a small burr from the swedging process of the hex in the pivot balls that would not allow the screw to tighten properly. Not a big deal

Howard informed me before the build to check the spur gear for tightness on the Diff hub prior to build. Seems the MFG may have changed the core or material so the ID is slightly smaller then the SP1 version. I only had to remove the smallest bit of material from 1 side (I removed the material from the ejector side of the mold on the spur, designated by a distinct circle around the core.) of the supplied spur for a nice smooth fit.

I also found it easier to assemble the stand offs to the battery brace prior to installation to the chassis to minimize twisting when tightening it up.

If anyone has an extra servo mount and is missing a 10 deg castor block, I have it . Once again, not a big deal to me, I have others.

Now off to the Body