R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Another AMB Price Increase is it Fair?
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2004, 01:02 AM
ProMaX
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Another AMB Price Increase is it Fair?

Originally posted by gijoe64
AMB is raising their prices up 14% or so, I know thier the only game intown, but is there going to be any other company out their going to make these transponders? This would bring the price down and bring a little competition to the market. They raise the price like US stamps, were are they made? Can they be made cheaper? Is their a exclusive patient?
I would like to know why we are spending so much money on this, because in order to attend big races even some local you have to have a personal transponder. Is sombody getting rich on us?
I been askin round looks like thier not the only game in town theres another company with a almost identical system but dont think will work with AMB plus thier pt cost more, guess no exclusive patent then??

Id really like to know WHY they can justify such a big increase (worldwide not just US?) its a ripoff

Clubs buy into AMB and have to pay any price AMB ask for transponders, guess clubs have no choice. If its true handouts are not gonna be made any more we're all HAVE to buy a pt to race thats if we can afford one and we will ALL have no choice

Its ok for those who can afford high prices but its not good for our hobby

Who will join "Against Monopoly Behavior - down with - Ripoff Capitalism" ???