R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 06:50 AM
Granpa
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fresnojay
Ok so I have had a few good runs with the CA'ed fronts and have been playing with turning down the D/R to additionally tune out the dreaded traction roll. The CA'ed fronts went a long way to taming the car down as has the turning down of the D/R. I have tried many of the tips and suggestions given here. They have all helped LOADS.

My problem is as traction comes up over the day it still gets harder and harder to keep all 4 on the ground. Usually towards the end of the second heat I start 3 wheeling. In the main I look like a stunt driver going around corners on 2 wheels. Now it doesn't seem to me that I am really driving any faster in the corners. But we all know its not often the case.

So here is the question. I remember being told to try CA on the rears to further quell the beast. But inside or outside first? Is there another point of focus I am forgetting? I will review my bookmarks in my online mini info folder to see if I am missing something as well.

Jason
Always the outside, occasionally the inside also. Try this on the fronts. Carry the cyano right onto the tread itself and cover just the edge of the 1st rib. It's better on asphalt to go too far than not far enough. The reason being that the cyano will wear back to where it should be in a few batteries. If you go too far the car will push till it wears off. If you did not go far enough, you'll continue to have traction rolling problems.

These suggestions are for asphalt only and particularly Tamiya S-Grip tires. Carpet is a different story cause the cyano takes forever to wear down. If you go too far there, you'll probably have to manually trim it back on something like a tire truer.