R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Spec-R R1
Thread: Spec-R R1
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 12:17 AM
valk
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Not sure what you have done to the S1 in your sig, but id say swaybars will give you a much more notable performance increase than DJC's.
you shouldn't really need enough full lock steering for the chatter to slow you down.

well two weeks passed working on my mazda, next week i can finally get to rc again after a long long downtime within my club. I ran my S1 a few weeks ago with modified trim and it would definitely need some adjustment from the stock setup lol. the car was glued to the track for 17.5 but mod was very difficult to manage. in fairness, the stock car had the advantage of new, heated tires, but still. a few laps usually brings them up to temp.
ill commit to running this car at WCICS in stock division and keep my serpent for mod, unless i get some cash to upgrade my S1 to an R1pro before then.
just dropped $1500 into the mazda though doing tranny work so rather doubt it. wanted to run 4 classes at that event but ill probably skip the 1/12 stock class.

Ill have to fill in my setup sheet but on the sweep tires this car was excellent on carpet and ashphalt. Only thing added to it was swaybars.

also should note just how easy it was to kill a rod end... mod pressed the turnbuckle right into the rod end destroying the threads. if i can swing it, ill try to update at least the steering rodend's to something a little beefier.