R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 08:05 PM
burgboyz
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phoenix82
Hello fellow races. I am looking at entering the 1/12 scale world, our local series we are running 13.5. Which car would be the best. i currently run a Serpent TE and a 2.0 Eryx. I was considering the S120. which other would be a good choice and why??
Any help would be great.

Nick K
If you are already happy with serpent, I'd go that way but that's just me. I like symmetry in my pit. (or maybe the on-point car based on a serpent )
Just about any of the latest (ex: crc, associated, serpent, xray) lipo ready cars can get the job done! Most compare ease of parts availability, price, what other locals are running, rug/asphalt (or both). Other mfg's make/made good cars also. (ex: Tamiya, corally, yokomo, speed merchant, top, cefx, etc.)

Biggest thing will be the details in the build! Check out Mark Paynes blog for that. Filled with great info. Also check out RedBullFixx's signature (here: http://www.rctech.net/forum/californ...so-cal-45.html) for a ton of great, useful information!! go to the first or last page in that thread.

Have fun and chime in with your questions. Many great guys in this thread that will be glad to help you out.