R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 11:14 AM
IndyRC_Racer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdeadman
I just put this on my car. At first I built it without sanding but the width make it too wide and binded in the diff case. What I did was checked the mesh of the gears after i squeezed it into the case and sanded more on the teeth side so move the spur closer to the pinion. I had some slop there before and that made is whisper quiet and smooth.

Ran 2 meetings with it and I like the traction. Only thing i noticed is that ran too loose you get a weird action when using lots of breaks.

we have one corner where we are tight on the inside of the apex and it's a 180 after a straight. so we all have to break hard and enter the corner much slower. I find the car will not turn in under breaking and kinda skids until is gets slow enough or I re apply power.

but the first time I'm running any type of spool
Thanks for the info. I never thought to sand just one of the slipper pads to adjust the diff gear mesh.

The biggest advantage to building your own slipper diff for a TC3/4 is that you can use the plastic outdrives (to save weight). While it is not the most durable option, it can be used on a more open track where hitting boards isn't as likely.