R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 4x4 sct Help???
Thread: 4x4 sct Help???
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 09:45 AM
XRated SCT
Tech Master

Originally Posted by egobrkr
I use a Novak activ8 and novak 2pole 4.5t 550 size motor. I believe that 4pole motors are way overkill. They have too much power that poeple tune them down and they are super inefficient. They can kill a lipo very fast if your not careful. 2pole 550 motors provide plenty of power, super smooth and not hard on batteries. I like my kit to be at its full potential and not dumbed down so I can drive it. I know people will post and say I don't know what I'm talking about but there were more then one post that said to turn down the current limiter. That takes power away which mean you are over powered or you can't control the power so why have it.
I do agree with it being hard on batteries but from what I hear some lipos can handle it just fine, also current limit only limits the bottom end for a very short amount of time, it curves"expo" it's way into full power smoothly rather then hitting the throttle and instantly putting all power down to the wheels, kind of like a slipper clutch, I run my HD at 100 EPA so I get full power and geared at 17 this thing is a beast, I did run my throttle EPA down for awhile but that's because I was getting used to driving again from running stock truck, if someone is always running EPA way down then I can see it as overkill, but it doesn't hurt to have the power there if its needed in the future