R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 11-15-2013, 06:40 AM
thunderbt3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrHistory
Thanks for the support Lon!

Looking over the parts sheet, there do seem to be a considerable number of interchangeable parts. Once I have the new car on the bench I will confirm this and put together a list of those matching parts. It appears that the rear end plastics are the same (minus the new rear bulkhead. So the parts between the rear bulk and wheels look to be the same (just speculation). In the front, the pivot balls, plastic cups, and front knuckles also seem to be shared between the two cars. Also (maybe?) the fuel tank, front bumper, front body mount assembly, rear plastic body mount, and much of the hardware, bearings, dog bones, outdrives, Differential(?) etc..

At first glance it appears that the main chassis plate may be the same or very close, so I think the front ends could have the same bolt pattern. The aluminum motor plate is new however.

One change with the new parts is that they are packaged and sold individually rather than in pairs. Because most of these parts are identical Left and Right, I think this is a nice improvement.

Lets catch up this weekend!
Jason
Is the part list and manual for the new car available for download?