R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Trinity kill shot motors
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 01:39 PM
Michael@USPN
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tommy R
Hey folks, I'm new to running a Killshot and am looking for some advice...

How do you adjust the timing at the endbell? I loosened the two screws and tried to advance the timing, but it wouldn't budge. It's got a range from 0-80 degrees and is currently at ~57*. Does something else need to happen in order to adjust the timing? With the screws loose I couldn't advance or retard the timing.

Also, the motor I'm running is an RPM version (17.5 running in TC Blinky). It seems a bit sluggish out of the corners of our med/large asphalt track. Current gearing is at 3.80 FDR and top speed seems to be on par with most other cars. But I'm getting pulled a couple feet out of the corners.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Tommy
When i had a kill shot, I had this same issue too on one of the two motors I had bought. I came to find that the inner portion of the bell (the part that actually moves) had to be sanded down along the edges to spin for freely. the fit was too tight in other words. You may have to send down the edges of the back plate that holds the screw in too. After I did this, it was fine. Hope that helps.