R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Cougar KF!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 04:21 PM
StupidHead
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm pre-ordering one of these just for the sake of building up my Schumacher collection, but I can't see myself ever driving it. The car will be a box-art shelf queen in my study.

Based on my experience with the SX3/Cougar which is essentially identical to the KF, it will be rubbish on anything less than super high traction. On a freshly goop'd track, the car was very easy to drive and I was actually faster than my SV2, but as the track degraded in the following weeks, I couldn't throw a setup at the car which would give any rear traction (this included 80grams of copper hanging off the bumper).

A lot of people have mentioned great rear weight distribution, but that's far from accurate. Sure a battery can be a little heavier than a motor, but look at the dimensions of the KF vs a traditional mid motor car. The SV2 has the motor positioned right at the rear wishbones, with the battery directly in front. The KF/K1 has the battery starting 20mm further forward and then you have another 35mm between the battery and the motor. This gives a very low rear weight bias. Using a shorty would make it even worse. The equivalent would be an SV2 with the motor mounted 20mm further forward with another 20mm spacer between the saddles and motor. No one would dream to run a car like that on anything but fly paper. I'd love to be proven wrong, but logically, I can't see this car being much use outside of EU.