R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GP Bringing Out 3600's
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2004, 07:07 AM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Dragonfire
The reality is, batts are matched for mod racing. Most RC gear is made with mod in mind. When higher capacity cells come out, we will be running our 8t's for club meets, and be racing with 6-7t as a norm.
We are already doing this. I run an 8 turn on a short, tight, high traction carpet track with foam tires... a high load situation to say the least. We still make run time... and even deadshort our batteries to gain extra voltage and decreased IR at the expense of about 15 -20 seconds runtime.

There is no reason Mod racing could not be 8 minutes with 3700 or 4000 mah batteries.

Originally posted by Oscar Jansen
I see an increase of runtime as a big mistake, the recent Japanese Championship 8 minutes was the worst example ever: One lap difference already in the A final....
I somewhat understand your point here... but shouldn't the best drivers stand out though? Especially on a national level. Honestly even at 5 minutes the local scenes will have these kinds of discrepancies more often than one might imagine.

It all boils down to track time. So many people have switched to Nitro racing because of longer races and more track time. The large discrepancies in GP race results have not hindered interest. I feel that EP should follow suit.... longer races.