R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Will JQ release a Truggy?
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 04:55 PM
8ight-racer
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wombat
Way off topic here now - but is the white really thaaaaattt much better than the yellow wide/pre-season kit edition beside re-configured/designed suspension parts? How does it drive 'that' much better - one would think you could set-up a yellow wide chassis car to drive very similar if not the same....

Can't wait to hear feedback on the white from non-sponsored drivers once released to the masses.
Without spending hours going over the theory and reality behind every geometry change, the short answer is yes, it really is. Since last year, almost every influential part of the car has been changed, from the wide chassis, new steering system, and radio tray this summer, to a completely different front and rear end geometry.

Vehicle dynamics is a very complex topic that only a handful in the industry truly understand. After over 2 years of studying different geometries, reading full-scale racing car handling books, and analyzing cars' handling, I have only scratched the surface of the truth.

Suspension geometry gives each car certain handling traits, and no matter what you change on the car, it will still have that same general feeling. The Yellow Edition had extreme geometry, and as a result, it was very fast, yet it was hard to drive as the car had tons of steering and lacked traction for some drivers. Doing things such as limiting steering endpoint, adding weight, and using all setups options to get max traction are all band aids. This goes for any car.

The White Edition, on the other hand, was designed to be a neutral car out of the box. This way, you could set up the car to be either aggressive or stable, while still retaining the easy to drive handling characteristics. If you haven't already, I'd suggest you watch the 3 part video release, or the final video at the very least, to get a more clear picture of the car and its handling characteristics.

Your right though, the true test will be how everyone else how likes the car once released. But based on the feedback from the last several drivers running my car over the past few weeks, I'm confident it will be well-liked.