R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 01:32 AM
Casper
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sanny632
Not real sure I used servo tape for rx8 and no Rx box is that crazy
Show me another 10th scale race car that has a box for the receiver? No 2wd buggy, 2wd truck or 4wd buggy has one that I am aware of. Why they need to add the weight to the 4X4? (sure there are lots of electric 8th scales, and the SC10 4X4 but we will argue if that is a "race" truck or not! I only see receiver boxes important in nitro to protect from fuel but that is my opinion. Most of the time when you see a box it is carried over from a nitro car and this was the case with the 1.0. With the 2.0 they looked at taking a much weight out of the truck as reasonable and this was one place were they saved some weight and made a better attachment for the servo as the old box and mount were a little compliant. The new setup gives better servo input and saves weight with very little risk to the receiver. If water proofness is required spektrum makes some water proof receivers! I have seen a few people make some cheap lexan covers as well.

Yes a quality servo tape holds the RX8 in just fine. I like MIP servo tape or I have been using some 5lb 3M tape I got at home depot that is working just fine. I would recommend putting two layers on to extra protection on hard flat landings.