R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 09:55 PM
Tron
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Joke of the day: Did you test any of the Tamiya side springs by any chance?

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Guys!
I am at the mercy of many good people around me. We have a crew in the NW that gel ideas, talent, and race results into real workable data. I've been sitting on a spring chart for a week that I feel is really interesting material that I was dying to leak out. Data that manufacturers may lead us to believe is a linear progression when in fact it's just calculated guesses. Here's what I found. We are not working with springs that make even jumps in progression. We are working with what we have available. I have to thank my web guy Wes for taking time out of his busy week to put this data together and post it up online for us to see.

My measurement concept is simple: we do not use more then 80% of the throw of a spring. So, simply take that measurement in grams at 80% compressed of total length. I have also included in this chart, the coil wraps and measurement of wire thickness. The wire thickness includes whatever coating or paint that came from the manufacturer and I did not strip these springs to the wire. Some of the thicknesses do not make sense in some stat's. These stats are simply here for you to compare what you may have to what I recorded.

I the near future, I hope to include: Serpent, VBC and Xray as they become available to me for testing.

Of course this chart can be found on: www.slapmastertools.com

Enjoy!

Brian