R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TRF101
Thread: TRF101
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 05:32 PM
RS_ZACH
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Typeone
Ok thanks yeah I'm running the same spur/pinion set up, is there any other spring that works as long as it is soft like the tamiya red? Also does anybody know how to remove the pits from the black tamiya wheels. I want to get the exotek wheels for them to get me close to that 190mm mark.
Theres a couple of different ways to remove the tires from those black foam tire wheels. You can go the acetone bath route. Which if you soak them for awhile you'll lose the inserts, they will dissolve.
The best way I have come up with. Is to get a baking sheet. Then lay some foil down on it. Put your wheel/tire combo on there. Put it in the oven at about 400 degrees and just bake them off. When you pull them out of the oven. Use some grill tongs and something to press the wheel down while pulling up the tire with the tongs.
Its crazy. But it works. The wheel will warp a little. Just enough to where the bearings will be a snug fit inside. Also another note. You might try elevating the wheels off of the foil. That way there's no burnt ring around the sidewalls.