R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T4'14
Thread: Xray T4'14
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 09:05 AM
Danny-b23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So, I hit the track last night with the intention of making a huge amount of changes. My package from RSD Racing arrived, so before I even started running I dropped in my new drive shafts and installed my roll bar collars.

So, on my first run, I pretty well matched my old 13.5 time set with my T4'13. No changes made to the car other than drive shafts.
Quick time was a 6.259.

Second run, I checked absolutely everything over and made sure everything was exactly to kit spec. Found that my droop values were just a bit higher than they should have been, so reset all of that.
Quick time was a 6.199. The car also felt much more consistent this run.

Third run, I wanted to see if I could get a little more front end by increasing my additive timing. I went from about 8 minutes to 12 minutes. I succeeded in getting more steering, but the car seemed way too planted and the tires got a bit warm and the performance dropped off 4 minutes in.
Fast lap 6.201.

The fourth run is when I started really making changes to the car. I decided that instead of trying to work with additive to make the tires give up more grip, I'd raise the roll center front and rear to try to keep a little more initial bite in the car as opposed to waiting for it to roll over and get grip.
My quick lap was significantly better, with a 6.131. The car also felt very very easy to drive. Would do a 6.2xx for 5 minutes solid.

In my final run I was looking to just make the whole car a little bit less edgy. I went to a mid-length link to calm the car down on exit, and just adjusted my braking points to make up for the slight loss of initial steering.
Fast lap dropped again, with a 6.069.

All in all made a ton of progress with the new chassis, and I think next time I'll play around with spring combos and differential oil and see if I can't get that bit of initial steering I lost back.