R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Vaterra Kemora And Kalahari Offical Thread
Old 11-08-2013, 06:06 PM
metalnut
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro Ace
I might be able to answer your question about "fronts or rears or both" once my package (containing the new kalihari) arrives next week. I have all the losi parts to build those trick looking shocks. And so I'll let you know soon as I get the vehicle and see what fits.

Unfortunately it will be pricey to build a set of four all alloy units just like in that video. You can save a little money if you use the black shock bodies instead of the aluminum color bodies. The black bodies are stock on the mini-8, and come with the adjuster rings, top and bottom caps. Those look nice with the gold colored Ti-Nitride shafts. That would be the way to go.

But the aluminum color shock bodies come without the adjuster rings, screw-on tops and bottoms. They assume you have a mini-8 which comes with that hardware.
That would be awesome, man, thanks!

I'm fine with all black shocks, I just would like something aluminum. The GMade shocks, although from a questionable brand, are actually pretty popular in the crawler/scaler community, so I was thinking of trying those out. $47 for the full set of 4 on eBay, last time I checked.

Do the mini-8ight shocks leak? I only ask since my 22SCT shocks leaked like bastards from the bottom, I had to get the 2.0 parts to make them work like they should have all along.