R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 11-07-2013, 10:01 AM
mrod
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Like I said man I am not trying to pick a fight with you, and like I also said paint your car any way you want to, I said it before and I will say it again. It is just my opinion. My opiniion is also that everytime a class gets started and enthusiast show interest in it for simple reasons someone comes along and wants to change it to suite themselves. This class was started a long time ago and died because of faster cars, motor wars and the list could go on. It has had a resurgence over the last few years for its simplicity and looks, and that is what makes it fun for most of us who race this class. Like Rick says no one including myself would turn you away from a race, that is not what I am about and most people who know me will testify to the fact that I am not an ass when it comes to racing toy cars, I would just like for once something to remain pure and fun. All classes have specific rules, touring cars have 190 width rules and body and tires are open. USGT has no dish wheel rules, and from what I gather from the IIC race in vegas scotty wanted a realistic paint rule for the class, I dont know I wasnt there but thats what I heard. 12th scale is open to what ever you want as well, so why cant f1 have specific rules to the class and people just follow them, it's really that simple.

My question is this: If an event said that they were having f1 as a class and they stated the rule that you body must look like a real livery would you comply to the rule, complain about the rule or not race the class, all these options are yours to do, no one is saying that you cant state your opinion, but I would ask that you do it calmly. I have never met you Mario and I would hope to meet you at a race someday and shake your hand and tell you that I have no ill will toward you, I hear you are a great racer and we only have a difference in opinion and thats all.