R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 04:54 PM
Teufel Racing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
I hardly use close cell foam insert for me the buggy gets really too aggressive. Sometime I use it on the front if I want my buggy to have a little more steering but I never use close cell in rear... All our outdoor track is sugar or glued and I still use open cell running slicks tires which you can't do when using close cell foam insert...
For the outdoor tracks like what you mentioned, I've been open cell as well. Figured, if the tires weren't going to last, why spend the extra coin for the closed cells. LOL. They seem to work just fine for me, so I'm good with it.

For indoors, it's a little bit different. The break in for new tires and new closed cell foams (Red AKA) seem to take forever to get them right where they need to be. Was playing with used closed cells, in various stages of wear, and it helped, but could be a little hit or miss for me. Switched up to the open cells and the brake in time, to me, seemed a bit shorter. Not sure how long the open cells will last, but so far they seem to be doing ok. Have been running them on the wheeler more than the 2wd, but do have a few pairs just for the 2wd. I mainly run them for the track conditions when needed. More so just as an option, when I might need that little bit extra grip.