R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 11-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Taylorm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
I'm just saying for the fun of it! Phil, you're nuts! An oval race is all about speed (BTDT) and things happen very fast. That being said, the marshall has to be fast and ready to lay his life on the line to recover a model car. He has to be ready to duck air born cars flying at high speeds as the open wheel car like to help each other over the walls.

We know a 4wd car is all about putting the power to the ground in the turns and while 2wd can only use so much power, the 4wd is always looking for more. In the turns, give the edge to 4wd. We know at the GLC the radar gun is seeing 10 to 15 mph spread between 4wd and our pans going down the back straight. Now you have a fast race with maybe two turns and two straights. Where Phil do you think the 2wd has gained anything on the 4wd?

My point is, Phil, not that you're nuts (which you are) but while both are race cars, they are worlds apart and that's a good thing. Let it be.

As for an oval race, where do I sign up, I too could use some crazy! In years passed, part of the GLC was a crazy all out high speed oval event. Guys were building cars just to run the oval. Something to think about!
I'd like an oval only car too.....Lon... Has anyone made 1/8 NASCAR
bodies in the past???.... Or we could shoehorn old 1/8 parts under a Mcallister
oval body..... He has some nice oval stuff... http://www.mcallisterracing.com/index_files/Page801.htm 55 chev and 57 ford

Last edited by Taylorm; 11-06-2013 at 09:51 AM.