R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 11-04-2013, 08:03 PM
hitcharide1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sigh. It's November. A long hard winter ahead of us, no smell of nitro in the air. Now the jealosy begins towards those with more spare time and $$$ to travel to distant, sunny and warmer climes for races during our off season. I may even get desperate enough to dust off the Super Phaser and go play on carpet, but it definitely won't be the same.

I'm definitely running an open wheel body for a lot of next year. Amazingly, that IS one thing that is no longer in the ROAR book, so we need to track down someone who has an old copy. I have no doubt about the car and the body itself, but while I do have an old wing or two, I don't dare run them. The wings used to take a terrible beating, and I've made another, but it's a tad....heavy.

I also wish I had a video of late 70's racing at the Indy track. Oval racing with Indy bodies was something to see, very quick lap times, and lots of passing. I suspect on an oval track 4wd would have very little advantage over a pan car, since we'd run much bigger right side tires than left.....