R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - JConcepts Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 05:38 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Davidka
Nice job on the new retro RC10 body. That has to some kind of record for time since the last aftermarket body came out for that. I am most interested in the tires/wheels in the photos. Are they jconcepts products?
Thank you and the wheels/tires are new JConcepts parts coming out soon .

I bought three Jconcepts steering racks for my 3 2wd associated vehicles. All three have ridiculous slop after only a couple runs. Also I bought three sets of the new ball cups. The longer straight head cups pop off too easily when attempting to adjust camber. I am disappointed in these products. I anticipated them to be products that would enhance my cars. Instead I am looking for an alternative. I think I am going to send these back to JCONCEPTS for exchange for something else.
My steering rack stayed very tight for about a month, but it did loosen up over time. I just removed the rack, cleaned everything and put a thin layer of CA to seal the graphite where the bearing press-fits into the rack. Now its really tight and holding up well.

With the new ball-cups being made out of such a hard material, its really important to pre-thread them. I personally drill them out with a 3/32 bit and then thread them on with a little grease. I've been on the same set of ball-cups for 4 months now and still feel good (I use the rounded ones).

Can we get narrow C4.2 rear pivots like Steven is running made? If not are the bj4 rear pivots the same pin width between axles as b4? If so I can get those to work on the c4. Thanks.
We are already working on them and will work well with our rear bulkhead and tower. When you narrow the hinge-pins, you must also narrow the inner camber link to match.

Anything on blue barcodes?
Nothing yet.