R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 11:29 PM
pizzaboy192
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Granpa
If your body mounts aren't bent, you're running the body too low. Raise it one hole. The front just doesn't rub the way you describe unless the body is too low or your body mounts are bent.

Usually, tire rub occurs on the rear wheels. Since you're not complaining of that, my guess is that you have the older rear hubs which were 0 degrees. Use the hubs from a M05 which are 2 degrees or there was a option part with more toe in. This will go a long ways to solving your rear spin out problems. But you may find the rear tires will start to rub.
Thanks for the tip. I'll check the body mounting tomorrow. I know mine is more severe than my fiancee's, (and hers has trimmed body posts) so I think that might be it.

Rear tires did rub on hers until I trimmed the body more (we actually widened the fenders quite a bit so we could put some RC18T tires on it, but those on the rear were a huge mistake) so I think her used chassis has the M05 rear hubs. I've got a spare parts chassis that has the M05 rear setup (fully decked out chassis, anti-roll and everything) so I may steal those off it. Would that increase the chance of traction rolling though? I'd rather have a slightly sloppy rear end than a car that's flipping everywhere (for her at least)