R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Getting into boating...kit or RTR?
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 10:09 PM
alexchen86
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

Well can't wait to take my son out RC boating this weekend. He's thrilled what can you expect a little 8 year old boy with a new toy....wait I mean MY toy he can "borrow" time to time. Lol just kidding I him to learn every part of the boat what it does what can go wrong and how you can do your own repairs bc we all know a new boat and a new driver behind it will eventually lead to a wreck.

And to Pintobean11 if you get better offers from someone else go ahead and sell your PB impulse v2 I don't want you to feel as if I'm holding you up. It's just I'm the type of guy that would like to physically inspect a used item whether it be preowned car or an RC boat. RC boats I have no idea about besides the electronics.

I do know most are designed to go counterclockwise and maneuvering in the opposite direction abruptly may send the entire craft underwater until it pops out. I've seen this happen a couple of times at my buddy's lake house.

I can do fiberglass work but not to a perfect smooth finish and with a replacement hull I better off purchasing a new one right off the bat new front the manufacturer directly especially since they have a $50 discount going on and free shipping!