R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 06:22 AM
revrunner
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by b_recliner
Now folks, I don't normally get on a forum and bash a product. In fact I never have before. But in my mind, something needs to be said about the H4e. I've read quite a few posts saying the fit and finish was spot on. With the kit I bought and built, that simply is not true. The H4e was the most ridiculous build I have ever done. Next to nothing fit properly. Everything binds. I really liked the concept of the car, but I perceive it as being literally un-runnable with all of the flaws. It is so bad, I don't even feel as if I could re-sell it in good conscious.

Now understand something gentlemen, I know how to build a car. So far this year I've build this piece of work as well as the xray 2014 and the vbc wildfire d06. The latter two vehicles practically built themselves. I understand that I could painstakingly go through the H4e and file this, dremel that, do whatever to get it functional. Doing so would take quite some time. None, and I do mean non of the turnbuckles fail to bind. Not a mild bind; a bind that I would describe as severe. Same with the arms on the hinge pins, same with the whole steering assembly. My gear diff, and I pride myself on building gear diffs leaked completely and immediately. The tolerances on this car are tight across the board.

I honestly feel like I have a car that as previously mentioned, is un-runnable as well as unsellable. I am very frustrated with this purchase. That being said, I have a proposal because I really do like the little details in this car. I would like to send the car back to Nitrohouse where I bought it from and have a sponsored driver on the Hobao/Ofna team rebuild it for me. I will pay the shipping both ways. Really, I would be doing whichever driver took on the challenge a favor. After all, everybody enjoys a good build. Send it back to me in functional condition and I will eat crow. I will amend this statement. Really though, I would really love to run this car. This is my way of asking for help. Mr. Bump. What do you think?
That's unfortunate, I was really looking at picking this up. But seems like yours was the only one lacking, maybe just a dud?

I'm interested to see what you think after you have it rebuilt. Not saying you were at fault, I'd be equally as interested to see you return it and build another kit.