R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 02:49 AM
WIITA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I happened to look through my AE center springs to find a blue to put on my car and noticed something peculiar. Has anyone else found that there are two different blue springs from AE? At first I thought I might have mixed a CRC blue in with my AE's but they are would opposite each other so I knew it was an AE. I only have AE and CRC springs so I know its not something else. I noticed one spring has 7 3/4 of a coil and the other has 8 and 3/4 coils. I have suspected/heard in the past that CRC springs had changed from time to time, and I know that some company's include one spring in the kit as a particular color, but when you get a spare of the same color they are different, but I have never looked closely enough at the AE center springs over time to see if that is the case here. Can anyone verify or count and post what they have for an AE blue center spring? I looked here

http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...o-Shock/Detail

and the pic shows 8 3/4. Does anyone have any insight into this?
AWD
I have noticed this as well. I have heard there are multiple generations of springs out there. I have whites that are stiffer than reds and blues that when you push against a white, are stiffer as well. At avoid all of the confusion, I ordered the new spring set from CRC and gave all of my old ones away. This way I know for sure when I go up on spring, I'm actually going up. Lol. The new CRC springs seem to be dead nuts on form what I've tested. Hope this helps...