R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - *NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING
Old 10-30-2013, 02:24 AM
b_recliner
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leadfinger2011
What's up All,
I should have my kit in a week or so and I'm doing my reading but are there any build gotchas or anything I should be aware of before I start? Any upgrades folks are doing from the original build? From everything I've read the only thing anyone might do from the original build is an option bumper. Any input is appreciated and I look forward to learning on this forum!!

Kevin
So far this year I built the D06, the Xray t4 2014, and the Ofna H4e. The H4e was the most ridiculous build I have ever done. Next to nothing fit properly. Everything binds. I really liked the concept of the car, but I perceive it as being literally un-runnable with all the flaws. It is so bad, I don't even feel as if I could sell it in good conscious. The Xray t4 2014 on the other hand went together like a dream. Nothing needed freed up. This was my first xray car and I can see now why they have such high praise in the rc community. The wildfire d06 was also an incredible build. Just awesome. And so help me, the quality of parts on that beast is on par with if not better than the xray. I would advise anybody to pick one of these cars up. Now, for me; carpet season starts on November 1st. That will be the test as I will be running both cars (I would say all three but the h4e turd is, as previously stated, unfit to run. I'll post back how I get on with both these cars.