R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 10-29-2013, 09:33 PM
aarcobra
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
I'd change #4 to allow any body whatsoever (or do away with it entirely.) I've looked at the ROAR list as to approved bodies, it's a mess, and doesn't include us for diddly. Getting bodies on that list would cost some $$$ as well. Some guys like vintage style bodies, I ran the same type body as on my 4wd, but I want to play with an Indy body (open wheel).

Point understood. Any body else have a comment?

If you must include a rule about shocks (#7), then please add to it no suspension or suspension resulting effects actuated by rubber grommets or piano wire as well.

Please word your comment in the form of an enforceable rule. I don't follow "actuated by..." Do you mean like the Motonica type front which "sits" on rubber disks? What about the newer type which is mounted on pivot ball things?
First of all, wouldn't that make most of the modern pan cars illegal? If so, you have just killed the class. If that's what the majority want, I'll write it in, no problem. This shouldn't be a conversation between a couple of people....I'm expressing my opinion as an interested party, NOT saying that what I think has to be the rule. Aren't you doing the same thing?

What is the reason for changing weight from 2270 to 2300?

Oops! My mistake. Thanks for pointing that out!

As an aside, there wasn't much interest in a concours event at the GLC this year. I'm going to call up Protoform and ask them if they would be interested in sponsoring such a thing....if they will, I'll volunteer to add on to the sponsorship and propose it to Hammer & co for inclusion at the next GLC.
Ned