R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2S LiPo pack quality
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 02:38 PM
Wildcat1971
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skoalisbad4me
I'm not trying to hijack your thread but let me ask you this... What makes you think that you need to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on the "best" stuff out there. In my opinion and some may disagree with me but in today's market all the batteries you buy are all the same. They are all china batteries that gen ace puts there label on and sells for 40 bucks yet protek puts there label on and sells for 100 bucks. I have a b44.2 and I run the hobbywing 2.1 setup with 5100mah turnigy nano tech batteries and my car is just as powerful last just as long and stays just as cool as any of them tekin Orion viper or any other high end systems out there
While I agree, i also disagree. Some of the cheap stuff like the HW v2.1 and 3.1 stuff is better than the top end stuff, but the nanotechs are not that awesome. The most comon issue I see with them is melting the case around the bullet in the higher amp draw applications like sc 4x4. Even in 4x4 1/10 buggy, I have seen them have issues. Plus the case on the turnigy packs is prone to breaking. And of course you never had any issues. Because you spoke up about them, I would assume you never had an issue. Personally, I think the gensace, SMC, Promatch and Aero Model Packs are all priced really good and perform well. I have actually seen very few gensace packs have issues. But since you can buy SMC/pro match and aero model for the same price, I at least prefer to buy from US owned companies even if they are made in china. If i boycotted all china made products, I would be living in the middle ages. But, i do agree that only buying high end electronics is kinda a waste. I run $15 servos, $50 motors, $50 esc's and batteries in the 40-60 dollar range. You can spend a lot, but it probably wont mater. Some kid with a turnigy 17.5 motor and esc combo beat me in 17.5 buggy running a soft-case 20c battery.