R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 10-28-2013, 09:53 AM
howardcano
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Howard,
As you know I usually am in agreement with you, but the argument that a locked suspension car is legal won't fly with me. 1) In the French rules, which appear to be the most developed and usable, clearly do not allow it. 2)The One-Eighth Racer's rules, (although unpublished) have been the basic standard for a few years and they do not allow it. 3) To take another tack, if L/S is ok then so is 4WD and suspension, since there are actually no published rules!!!

Let L/S race on an individual exemption. RC 300 "Vintage Pans:, clearly meet the spirit and intent of the rules, Bring it on!!! (I have SIX! Just got two complete ones "hot off the track" from Cinci!)

Ned
Don't get me wrong, I don't like the idea either. But if it means another racer participating, it's okay by me.

Certainly my choice of the word "legal" was unfortunate.

Here are some features of a a new "pan" car from a European manufacturer: uses the same front uprights, rear uprights, pivot balls, stub axles, layshaft, and half-shafts as their suspension car; and has adjustable camber, toe and front caster. It is legal.

Here are some features of a locked-suspension car: uses the same front uprights, rear uprights, pivot balls, stub axles, layshaft, and half-shafts as the suspension car; and has adjustable camber, toe and front caster. But it's not legal?

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on why a locked car should not be allowed.

Please don't read anything into this that isn't intended; I'm not trying to provoke anyone. The reason I ask is because there may be a very valid reason why the locked car should not be allowed, and at the moment I'm unaware of it.