R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LOSI XXX-S, Tips and Tricks, Open Mod, etc
Old 10-27-2013, 11:01 AM
jhwnissan
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Update: I put a mild Leopard brushless motor I had laying around in the car WITH stock tensioner and the 252 tooth belt I had been experimenting on. Without having to cut every other tooth or modifying the belt, it easily went out and drove well. After making some adjustments to the gear mesh, I figured out the previous brushed motor installed by the previous owner was simply too tight and draggy. When I put the brushless motor in and reset the mesh as well as adjusted the belt out slightly (after the chassis modification) the car really came alive. It took all the abuse I could throw at it and rolled extrememly well compared to what it was previously. I guess that's what I get for using someone's shelf queen that hasn't been sorted out in ages. Belt looks good and the car is rolling freely now. It ran so well, I was able to get a few high speed runs going until I managed to hit a car on the street (my fault). I'm pretty happy with them so far. One more week of testing and I'll put in a big order for you guys. I just want to be 100% certain they'll work well for you guys minus the small chassis mod. Those just joining us, the chassis had to have the tensioner adjustment slot cut upward towards the top of the chassis so that the screw can be inserted properly without the belt being too tight. Belts have kevlar re-inforcement so they aren't stretchy quite like stock belts are.