R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 02:26 PM
latentspeed
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by huzzler
They used to be a lot cheaper. I bought my D8 about a year after they came out and payed like $375. D812 is like $520 now for basically the same buggy just updated.
You gotta understand the old d8 lacked a lot of important stuff. All four shocks were the same size and Hara won the championship using kyosho rear shocks. The d812 is not an updated d8. It's drives completely different as the engineer has said. Goin2dirt stated the price will be competitive, he didn't say it would be cheap. But compared to the other top racing cars the price is on the lower end.

If you are looking for a good esc sub $200 try ko propo. Buy it from ko propo($144), not amain($229). It's max continuos is higher than r10 pro's max peak. A friend had one and I was impressed how temps were down after an hour straight of driving. He had an orion pro race motor. It wasn't as smooth as my r10 pro reedy sonic combo but it actually felt better. Too smooth can be boring without punch on high traction. The only thing is I don't think the esc has boost.