R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 01:35 PM
Granpa
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by howardcano
Okay, my mistake. Since I bought my car used, I didn't even know that the "arches" on either side of the servo were separate pieces, or could be removed without compromising the structural integrity of the chassis.

Is it allowable to leave the arches off under TCS rules? (Not that I have any idea if those are the rules your club uses. But I'm curious now, since my car needs to be TCS legal.)

EDIT: Found the answer to my question: TCS Rules General "1. All chassis platforms must be built per the instruction manual. Altering their basic structure and design is prohibited."
For TCS, the "hoops" need to be in place. That's TCS in the USA. Some will not tighten the rear screws. Theoretically, loosening the screws should allow the chassis to flex more, but for a driver of my limited capabilities, there doesn't seem to be much difference. Removing them seems to be more of a lightening procedure rather than something that will make a huge difference in rear end grip.

They have been allowing you to leave the esc and receiver platforms off tho. A lot of the guys do that and just "sticky tape" them in place.