R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - USGT
Thread: USGT
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 08:26 AM
Mr.juarez
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Travis S
All USGT is 21.5 motors. You said above gt10 Are you talking about GT1 that is ran at the Tamiya TCS races? That is restricted to only tamiya cars with only tamiya parts, bodies, and tires. All the rules for TCS are here: http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/rules.php#.UmipMhYhYvw
  • GT1 is 13.5
  • GT2 is 17.5
  • GT3 is 21.5
Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I thought GT10 was pan cars. The class has never existed at local tracks so I have never really been exposed to it.

Edit: Thinking a little more about the tires; You gotta think that its not easy for Robk and Kevin and anyone else on the Jedi council to pass a rule like this. I am sure that they didn't wake up and say, "I wonder whats the best way to piss off a good 20% of the racers active in USGT." Even though I am not crazy in love with this new rule, I don't even flinch when it comes to the question of whether or not I am going to keep racing. It doesn't even make me pause for a second. And I am not a guy with deep pockets either, as much as I try to be. Furthermore my kittie is pretty much bankrupt from buying and upgrading an AMB/Mylaps decoder. So I don't have tons of money for tires right now, but at least I know that I only need one set to get going and I can get more as the need arises. Given that the spec tire has shown that it out performs the x-patterns,(Most commonly used tire that I know of) and given that it is quite a bit less expensive, shouldnt we be all running to this tire anyway? Lets say that it wasnt a new rule. Shouldnt we all be saying,"Hey these perform great and they are cheap."?

http://www.speedtechhobbies.com/inde...formation_id=8

Go on speedtech link amd check out gt10. I thought it was pan car but no. I called them its basically usgt with a 17.5, gt body and spoke wheels. Here locally we run "gt3" or usgt with 21.5 motors or black cans from tamiya. This event is at tamiya track this sat but we don't need to worry about having all tamiya equipment since its held by speedtech.