View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 05:39 PM
eddomak
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CookieFlow
Hey guys,
I read through some pages on this thread, but there are over 360 of them
Welcome! Hah hah, you should try reading the SCTE 1.0 thread.

Anyway, I have had my SCTE 1.0 for 2 years now and don't "bash" per se, but then again I don't race (so am not really trying to take the low risk & low damage route to make it to the end). In any case all my friends are so amazed at the durability of the SCTE that they have now all got them as well.

I have not truly broken any part except the body. The rest was wear and tear. The original chassis from the 1.0 bent, but you have a 2.0. ALthought I have replaced one front A-arm due to bending after a full speed crash into a light pole, I don't think it's worth it to have one on hand. Better to buy one in the UK if you really need it at that time.

Perhaps consider the kingsheads cvd pin keeper which will prevent the pin in the coupler from eventually working its way through the plastic collar. This is less necessary now as there is a set screw built into the coupler in the new design, but sometimes it still manages to work loose. If you get the Tekno centre driveshafts then don't worry about this piece as they have a metal ring collar in their design.

You might also want to consider some serrated locking nuts for the wheels (any brand you like). Sometimes the originals on the 1.0 would come loose. It did for me only on one axle, but since using serrated nuts no problems.

Also you could consider the LOSA6285 left hand threaded screws for the front right and rear left shock mounts. Sometimes, due to the action of the suspension, standard thread screws will work loose. These ones go the other way so they don't go loose.