R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - USGT
Thread: USGT
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 01:18 PM
DARKSIDE
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ill take some blame here, but most of it falls on Trinity....what?, you didn't see that coming?...lol...

I was at a crossroad on any 21.5 for the Southern Nats and when I seen 1st hand the way some of the "outlaw" motors ran against normal ROAR motors...wow what a misuse of rules...bottom line my Novak Outlaw Vulcan is faster than some 17.5's...is that fair?...heck no. Sorry the company you invested $45 into a combo to run USGT isn't legal on a National level. That's $45 compared to some that spent $100's...

I can honestly see your frustration in spending money and not being able to use it or it being to slow or not hooking up, or the body not handling or any of the things we all do to get it right....but really that's whats this last 2-4 pages is all about, saving money.

look at it like this...IF you are attending one of the National events or an event that's running National rules, its a simple set of tires that most would get, rather Rides or HPI or whatever to run that weekend anyway. Most ever racer I seen was running a new set of tires at my event, cause tread was part of tech....so you would have to get a set anyway

Also...HPI tires never was a spec tire for USGT (that's RCGT), the decision has nothing to do with their lack of Xpatterns. FYI...the D-compounds are out there, the Pros/Belted are hard to find.

Rules changes since 2010

ROAR motors
No 12th scale bodies or type
Spec tire(2014)

2 of those are on me...whats the big deal?