R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum receivers require separate llow-voltage failsafe unit..?
Old 10-23-2013, 06:14 AM
SamuraiJack
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by az erik
I'm in the same boat really. My failsafe for some reason is set to full throttle. Tons o fun in the park, street, house, backyard with a pool, etc. I'm going to re-bind it tonight and reset the failseafes to neutral as CC told me. Sucks to know I can't use a BEC as the only open port is the bind. Going to try a cap just for chance as well. Also have to figure out how to move my rx further away from the engine and esc which takes up the majority of room in my m8.
Actually I think we have different issues. As you said, you should be able to re-bind with proper failsafe settings easily (just have your radio at full brake when binding, or if your system has a reverse have the throttle at neutral while binding).

My issue is erratic throttle and servo behavior when rx battery gets low. For now I have set a low voltage alert in my dx2s using telemetry. But failsafe settings don't really apply once your rx battery is dying, they are only for loss of radio signal. How could it go into full brake if it doesn't have the juice