R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Kyosho Inferno GT/GT2 VE Race Spec ELECTRIC on road 1/8th thread
Old 10-21-2013, 08:50 PM
maoyth
Tech Rookie

FLoJo, thanks for shinning in.

I currently have GRP tires on my car. I still have my nitro IGT1, which I took the GRP tires from...did some drifting with the stock tires before switching over . Yes, the change from stock tires to GRP makes the car handle amazingly better.

"stock Orion system that comes in the gt2, 23-24 gearing might be a little overkill"
I have 2 Peak Racing PowerMax 4200 45C 2S Lipo Battery in series. Man, these batteries don't last very long...run time is only like 15-20 minutes. I was hoping for 30 minutes. Upgrading to a 5000 mAh battery might help just a little bit.

"There is a motor mount on ebay for sale that will allow for running bigger pinions upto a 36 if you are trying for 100mph"
Thanks for the tip. My goal: I want to hit 90-100 mph with the inferno GT2 VE. I've wanted to hit about 80-90 mph with the nitro IGT1, but the crappy 2 speed issue they had before prevented me from playing with that car much. Gear 2 Spur issue, which is fixed in the IGT2 version with the upgrade to the shoe type gear shifter instead of the latch.
Anyway, I started making a list of what I need to upgrade.
I've done a lot of research, I realized that I can buy a Castle Mamba 2200 motor and esc along with using RC Monster's gearing to get up to 36t pinion and 40t spur. I don't know if the 40t mod1 spur from RC Monster will fit--emailed them about it--hopefully I'll get a response. Then drop in a 6S lipo to see what this baby can do. What 6S lipo are you running or if you aren't running it, what is a good one that I can get in the future?
If I want to drop in the Castle 2200, do I need a special motor mount or will the stock one do it?

I assume this is the guy you're talking about (had to replace '.' with [dot] since I am new to the forums and am not allowed to post urls yet):

www[dot]ebay[dot]com/itm/Kyosho-inferno-gt2-ve-34t-100-MPH-motor-mount-for-castle-big-block-1717-/251355004461?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&ha sh=item3a85ecfe2d

Man, that's crazy. He listed the mount as for Castle Big Block 1717. I compared that motor in the XO-1 to my stock IGT motor and there's a huge difference in size. It's crazy.
Dang, the big block conversion to a castle big block 1717 sounds great, but what about chassis flex? When you put way too much power on the car, all that torque will cause the chassis to flex and things to break. I've experienced quite a bit of chassis flex when dropping a big block engine into a 1/10 nitro RS4.

I need to upgrade the radio as well. Do you have any recommendations? I'm only a parking lot basher and can care less about competition racing at the track. I realized the steering servo is pretty weak. In the past, when I ran my nitro IGT, I had a HiTec high torque steering servo.

I also need to get the sway bars to help the car steer and handle better. I also need to the Ferrari F430 front bumper (KYOKA90002) so that the front of the car won't bounce up and down when doing speed runs.

Let me know what you recommend. Thanks.