R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2013-2014 Indoor Season Update
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 12:37 PM
RMKinWI
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Here is the scoop with the Building on Index Road.

I spoke with Louie – he is willing to rent us the building for $1000 a month, utilities included. We can move in the last week of October.

His concerns are:
-Utilities – he wants us to keep the heat and lights to a minimum – turning them off when not in use. If they get out of control we will have to pay more rent.
-Sundays – the other tenant is a church and has service from 9-noon on Sundays – so we can’t be running the halls yelling and screaming.
-Full rent tenant – If a full rent tenant ($10,000 per month) comes along we have to move – he will give us as much notice as possible but he can’t promise. If he has another suitable space available we can move into it.
-Alcohol/Drugs/Smoking: he wants none of it.

Moving forward he instructed me to contact his son Leon to make the arrangements. I informed him I will need to get board/member approval to move forward, and thought that would take a week or so.

So – members and more importantly board members please respond or PM me with how you wish to proceed.

My Opinion: The building will work – is it perfect no, but it is better than nothing.

Pros:
- Size: Its big, more space than needed
- Rent: very reasonable
- Amenities: Bathrooms, Adequate Electricity, Good Lighting
- Landlord: seems very easy going and seems to understands who we are.

Cons:
- Access to space is a little bit of a maze, the space does have one door that goes directly to the outside but it goes out onto dirt/grass/stone – which come snow/wet season will be a mess as we will track in dirt, etc.
- Parking will likely be OK, but may not be enough – meaning overflow onto the street.
- Poles – the poles are 25’ apart. I am sure we can work with them – but they are a Con.
- There is a lot of “common space” between the rental areas - Not sure how to explain but it may be a minor problem.