R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Speed Passion F1 car - The SP1
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 08:41 PM
robk
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
I had some really bad luck in the main tonight. I got pushed into the pipe during the second lap by a sporadic driver and must have cracked something, as the car started spinning out when trying to steer right. I pulled it, looked it over and didn't see anything wrong, so I tried to drive it again. That was a dumb move, as the car spun out on the straight and then got t-boned really hard. I broke both side links and the football

I'd like to verify, is this the Tamiya parts tree I need to use their football and side links? http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=6023

The links that shattered tonight were the Associated ones, so I'd like to give Tamiya a try.
Tamiya links are direct fit, but the football doesn't work. SpeedPassion is getting their new parts in now, so I think the hard plastic should be available soon.

Originally Posted by metalnut
Dammit. In addition to the damage I listed above, it looks like I also bent one of my side springs. Does anyone have the rates of the various springs that come with this kit? I'll have to order some Tamiya (or CRC?) side springs, but I don't know what the kit rates are for the front and side springs. Any ideas?
CRC Red is close to the kit side spring.