R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 racing new F1
Thread: 3 racing new F1
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 11:41 AM
G-rem
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

(sorry for my poor english)

You can forget the SP Reventon Pro, it's far too big for such a tight place like a FGX. I have personally the Orion R10 Pro and I'm pretty happy with it
Tekin is also good but you need all the time your laptop to set it up. HW and Orion have a program that can be use without it...

BTW, I had my first race with my Exotek EFX today, run on carpet and what I can say it's that it seems I'll have a lot of work on it to make it run like a direct drive car! God, it's just super noisy and by far too slow in comparison with a Serpent F110...and also a little too heavy...

But, I haven't received all my stuff to run properly (Orion VST 17.5 motor, IP shorties,...). Today I ran with a Trackstar motor and normal batteries (Thunder Power 6000 65C) with an Orion Vortex R10 Pro in blinky mode and Ride R1 tyres. At the end of the day, the car was better but for sure perfectible.

So, here are the negative points I noticed all day long:

-It's impossible to put a more than 28 teeth motor pinion (48p) when you use the optionnal motor mount that comes with the alloy bulkheads. If you try to put a bigger one, it will scratch on the motor mount. So, even with the otionnal fast gears set, I had a lack of top spped...it seems that I'll have to use the original motor mount or I'll have to convert the transmission with the belt drive one...

Does someone has an idea of the original gear ratio of the FGX? It appears nowhere in the manual...

-when you use the optional front upper arms from Exotek with the IFS system, it's almost impossible to put more than 2° of negative camber while having a decent caster angle...the arms are almost against the front basculors and avoid the suspension working freely.

So how to you do to set-up the caster when using the Exotek upper arms? What's the solution to make them not in contact with the basculors of the IFS?

How do you do to make the car more directive? By playing with the anti-roll bars? I have the 1.4mm one in the rear and the 1.2mm one ine the front, 2000cst oil in the gear diff, 1000 in the rear shocks and stock springs. And also the optionnal 2° caster alloy part that adds 35g to the front and the brass wheight below the front wing.

If anybody has carpet set-up for the car, I'll take it ;-)

I have to say that I liked playing with this F1 and I can"t wiat to retry it

Thanks a lot for all your help and advices,
Best regards,
G-rem