R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T4'14
Thread: Xray T4'14
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 03:06 AM
Skiddins
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mikkel_R
Just finished building my T4 14 and it was faultless no forward backward movement in the arms and none of the wheel hexs stripped.

As for the steering I set the toe to what I require ensuring the left and right steering arms are equal length. Then set the servo horn to 90 degrees to the chassis (with transmitter trim) and then set the steering rod so the wheel are dead ahead (with the correct toe).

Set the transmitter to 100% left and right end points (EPA) and 100% dual rate (DR). I check full lock left to right checking how far the arms are away form the end stops. If they are not equal I adjust the steering rod length not the EPA on the transmitter. As I adjust the steering rod I trim the servo to make sure the wheels stay dead ahead. To get equal lock left to right if everything is set at the same length and equal rates the servo horn sits at about 85 degrees to the chassis on my car and I have no problems with unbalanced steering or reaching the end stops.

If it makes any difference I run a Sanwa 801 servo and around 90% DR.

Mike
Surely if you adjust the steering rods AFTER you've set the toe etc surely you're going to make the toe settings etc different each side

The chances of the EPA's being identical each side is actually very remote as there will be play and tolerance differences in all the ball joints etc.