R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI Racing Discussions
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2004, 08:24 AM
kidDynomite
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Chassis weight comparison.....

Originally posted by Jamie Corrado
Does anyone know the weight difference between the the BMI 350 chassis, shock towers, top deck, and battery straps compared to the stock FK stuff? At this point my car weighs in at 3.12 lbs. w/ the stock stuff and Roar minimum weigh in is 3.2 lbs(3 quarters does the trick). I know the BMI set-up will out perform the stock set-up on carpet anyday, but i'm just curious to know the difference in weight. Thanks
Jamie, I weighed the BMI parts I received yesterday (battery straps, upper & lower 350, and frt/rear towers) 133g. The FK (same parts) 99g.

Originally posted by Tor Erik
About rubber tire and the BMI 350 chassis, I have now done a lot of testing and finally I have got more steering again by adding kick-up in the front, moving the dampers to the outer holes, and I have also given it less downstop.
Tor Erik, are you running on asphalt/bumpy carpet and are you running the BMI Towers? If you want to gain more steering back, kill the kick-up (unless your track isn't flat) and put about 1-2mm shims under the camberlinks on the Chubs front and back.

The BMI Shock Tower's camber link holes are about 1-1.5mm higher than the stock FK's hole positions. Make sure if you run shims on the hubs, don't forget to use screws that are 1-2mm longer. Cause if you get hit in the side, screw will strip out of the plastic.