R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 747 1/10 200mm touring @Nurnberg Toy Fair 2012
Old 10-17-2013, 03:38 AM
lil-bump
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by didrace
Ok guys i build a brand new 747 and i have done evrything stated on the manual ..

I started the car with an already broken in engine and the car wouldnt move..

so i unscrew the centax nut and tried it again..

the car still wouldnt move until i uncrew the nut to point where the car would move ok

the clutch was working ok however the acceleration was not good at all you could hear the clutch slipping.. i have tried many positions on the clutch nut and finally when i run the car two three laps on the track the clutch was getting really hot and it would start making the engine make that strange noice... at the end i manged to run the brand new car a few laps and the yellow show will slip that much that the car will not move at all..the show was destroyed in a less than two three tanks..

how come there was so much slippage from the begining? i dont know what i did wrong..

now i have a black show from 710 car and i dont know if i should put it on the 747 or not... btw the clutchbell had as per manual a gap of 0.6. i put only 1 shim between the thrust bearing and the other bushing.

i am so confused.. someone told me that the capricorn clutches are the way to go..he told me he had problems with his serpent clutches as well..

i had a serpent 720 and i didnt have such a problem before...is there anyone that can enlight me ?? is there anyone that had the same problem?

thanks a lot..
I would take a look at the Michael Salvin video on Youtube on how to set a centax clutch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wjogF57xpo.

Pass you soon...