R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 09:32 PM
snuvet75
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

[QUOTE=Johnny Wishbone;12634163]

Posted setups are only information to get you close to that days racing. There is no universal setup thats good for every traction, surface and layout. Unless your sitting with the setup poster that day everything changes. We just completed two races (WCIC and IIC) and what I thought may be a good setup for IIC did not work as well as expected. What we ended up giving to the team for setup was like running a slot car on the track, unfortunately luck had other ideas for us, but the cars where very dialed.
QUOTE]

Hey The car actually worked pretty well as a VTA car in outdoor asphalt track. Yeah I was right about slower speed making things easier.
I agree with you 100% that there is no perfect set up. I didn't just copy somebody else's setup but tried my own's. So don't get me wrong.
I did some more study on the mechanisms of shocks and want to try softer shock spring in the rear since the car was lacking forward traction out of the corner and oversteering a bit. I don't think I need to change the shock oil since the car has plenty of steering in and out and pretty consistent.
Despite my comment I haven't really given up on this car yet and I'm planning to keep going with different set up.