R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 747 1/10 200mm touring @Nurnberg Toy Fair 2012
Old 10-15-2013, 03:19 AM
Julius
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GPXJOE
Thanks guys.from what I gather,it seems safer to be on the tighter end of the notches without being too tight to prevent stripping.

In other news, I ran my car last night and there were sparks in the back of the car while on the stretch.the tough part was this. The rear half of the chassis is now thinner than the front part due to scraping. I'm sure this happens to you guys too. In faxt, I cannot see the "aerospace quality" font anymore. This should be normal but should I change the chassis already? I used it for 3races only and 2 of which were not completed due to rain. I thought the chassis was bent after I put a ruler on it but I really believe that the rear just got thinner and it is not bent.should I change chassis?
The chassis is most likely fine. But you may be running a bit too low. The 747 can handle quite large rideheights actually. Running too low, especially with red or softer springs is not ideal.

I tnd to run 7 mm rear an 6 front with 63/61 tires. Lower and you will have too much bottoming out with small tires.