R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 08:58 PM
Xpress
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
Need some help here... With the Winter Carpet season approaching Im sure there are many guys and gals gearing up. A few buddies and myself decided we were going SpeedPassion for ESCs this year based on the rep we have heard about them. Many of us purchased the GTV2.1 EX for 12th scale pan as well as WGT. Unfortunately we just figured out we have to upload a different firmware to get our 10.5, 13.5 and 1 cell to work correctly.

First is this indeed the case and second what do I need to update the firmware?

I do have the new Revington Pro 1.1 programmer if there is a way to use that?
Originally Posted by YoDog
I run this bad puppy too!
To Change the firmware you will need to download and install the latest software package for the GT series speedos onto a windows computer. You will also need the LCD programmer (not the LED version). This will usually cost around $30 if you can find one. Hopefully someone where you race can let you borrow. When you connect the ESC to the box and then power up the ESC, you should see an indication that the box is connected to the ESC in the display. If not, the cable may be connected backwards. When the display shows the connection, you can then connect the box to your computer via the USB cable provided with the LCD programmer and then launch the application. the box should now indicate that it is connecting to the computer and communicating. The app will show the current settings for the ESC which can be edited directly from the computer. Click the software tab and there you can choose between the programmer and the ESC. the screen should now show the hardware and software versions for the Programmer or ESC depending on which you chose. Down toward the bottom there is a dropdown for software to change to. Pick the latest version you wish to install and click "upgrade" Leave it alone till the process is finished. Now do the same for the ESC and you will be all set. I started with the programmer box first because I have no way of knowing what version of programmer firmware will be installed when you get it. If you are lucky, it will already be the latest.

Good luck!
I am not familiar with any SP esc's pre Reventon, but the way I read your advice is connect the programmer and "power up" the esc. Then you mention connecting to a computer. I know if you hook up a Reventon to the battery and the computer at the same time you'll let out the factory smoke. You may want to double check...