R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 01:53 PM
TomErickson
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by T. Deguzman
Performance. We didn't really spend too much time thinking about the pros and cons of diff vs slipper. We just tried it. From 1/8 4WD buggy experience we know how much influence the center diff has on the car's handling so why not have one on a 1/10 4WD buggy? The center diff was in fact a suggestion that came from the Tessmanns. The first time I met them after I started working for HPI/HB they had already brought with them a D4 modified to fit a touring car gear diff as a center diff. We tested it back to back with a slipper at WCRC and it immediately showed potential. My first thought was that it must have been forbidden in the rules because it was so obvious yet nobody else has one. I checked all the rule books and sure enough none of them said anything about a center diff so we proceeded with it.
Last year I tried a center diff on a road car with a high viscosity oil and it was pretty good. So I converted my Jammin SCRT10 to 4wd Buggy and love the center diff so this is a must for me now. Slippers just waste energy IMHO.