View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Grenade10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Got to test the new servo mount at the last Heart of America series race this last weekend, and the car worked like it was on rails. Better balance and the steering is totally linear ..... which is what I was looking for. I may make a small change in the next run, as the High Torque / High Voltage servos even flex the 2.5mm carbon fiber.

Finished 3rd for the season among the Serpents. Could have taken 2nd with a win and the other racer (Jon) finishing 3rd or less. But the racer pushing me for 3rd (Z) had the TQ spot, so once again qualified 2nd but while pushing hard to get past him, backed it into the boards and broke something that I have not done in 2+ years ..... Jon, got the win and 2nd place. I got the car back on the track and finished just enough spots behind Z, that I kept 3rd. I think 5 points covered all 4 of us.

Anyway, I have some re-building to do before the Gulf Coast GP. After building 3 clutch bells for other racers, I'll post a video as there seems to be some issues with how to install and shim the clutch bell with 3 bearings.

Mark